By: Sean Keach
WANT to know if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp? There are some important clues to look out for.
WhatsApp won’t directly tell you if you’ve been blocked, but several giveaways are coded into the app.
How to see if you’ve been blocked on WhatsApp
Firstly, there’s no direct way to check if you’ve been blocked. WhatsApp won’t notify you at all.
However, you will no longer be able to see a contact’s online status in the chat window.
You will also be unable to see their “last seen” indicator.
Of course, both of these markers can have other causes beyond a block – so they’re not guaranteed proof.
You also won’t be able to see any changes to a contact’s profile photo.
This is useful, as you can compare your phone to someone else’s handset with the same contact to see if there’s a difference in profile pictures.
However, this technique only works if a person has actually changed their photo.
When you send messages to someone who has blocked you, your message will be marked as sent – but never delivered.
And any calls you make won’t go through.
Both of these indicators can also be caused by a person having no internet connection, however. They don’t mean you’ve blocked.
Again, checking your sent-message status against another person who has also sent a text to your contact is an easy way to check.
Of course, you might both be blocked – and then you’ve got real issues.
It’s also worth considering why you’ve been blocked in the first place.
If you’ve been harassing or abusing someone, you should stop trying to contact that person.
It might also be a hint that you’re really annoying on WhatsApp, so maybe try to fix your rogue behaviour.
WhatsApp – a quick history
Here’s what you need to know…
- WhatsApp was created in 2009 by computer programmers Brian Acton and Jan Koum – former employees of Yahoo
- It’s one of the most popular messaging services in the world
- Koum came up with the name WhatsApp because it sounded like “what’s up”
- After a number of tweaks the app was released with a messaging component in June 2009, with 250,000 active users
- It was originally free but switched to a paid service to avoid growing too fast. Then in 2016, it became free again for all users
- Facebook bought WhatsApp Inc in February 2014 for $19.3billion (£14.64bn)
- The app is particularly popular because all messages are encrypted during transit, shutting out snoopers
- As of January 2018, WhatsApp has over 1.5billion users globally
How to block someone on WhatsApp?
There are two simple ways to block someone on WhatsApp.
The first is to open your chat with a contact, then tap their name.
Then choose Block Contact and they’ll be blocked until you change the setting.
Alternatively, you can go into Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked, and then add a contact to your block list.
Fuente: / Source: www.thesun.co.uk
Popayán Colombia Pagina100.com
Prensa para leer y pensar ¡Compártelo en tus redes!