“This is a deliciously moist chicken recipe. It’s perfect for a BBQ on a hot summer day!”
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 1 h 15 m
- Ready In 1 h 30 m
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Mix the brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, dry mustard, salt, and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Place the half-full can of beer in the center of a plate.
- Rinse chicken under cold running water. Discard giblets and neck from chicken; drain and pat dry. Fit whole chicken over the can of beer with the legs on the bottom; keep upright. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the seasoning mix into the top cavity of the chicken. The beer may foam up when the seasonings fall inside the can. Rub the remaining seasoning mix over the entire surface of the chicken.
- Place the chicken, standing on the can, directly on the preheated grill. Close the lid and barbeque the chicken until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove the chicken from the grill and discard the beer can. Cover the chicken with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cook’s Notes
- The other half of the can of beer is for the cook to enjoy while preparing dinner.
- For extra stability, an inexpensive beer can stand can be purchased at most kitchen stores.
- Editor’s Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the beer and spice rub ingredients. The actual amount of these ingredients consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 546 calories; 27.3 g fat; 24 g carbohydrates; 47.5 g protein; 145 mg cholesterol; 479 mg sodium.
Source: www.allrecipes.com If you liked it, share it with your friends! Popayan https://www.pagina100.com